Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mu Sochua could face immunity stripping


Mu Sochua (Photo: Phnom Penh Post)

25 April 2009
By Khim Sarang
Radio Free Asia
Translated from Khmer by Heng Soy

Click here to read the article in Khmer

SRP MP Mu Sochua said that she could face immunity stripping, followed by her arrest because she dares sue PM Hun Sen.

Kampot province MP Mu Sochua made this declaration after the [pro-CPP] CTN channel announced last night that government lawyers will counter-sue her back regarding her defamation lawsuit.
Mrs. Mu Sochua said that she has no worry even after receiving the news that Hun Sen will sue her back.

Mrs. Mu Sochua sadi: “I have nothing to be scared about. Quite to the contrary, I want to see justice. I am a victim twice in this case, my rights are violated twice: first, during the election campaign and my case in the court did not reach a conclusion yet, and now come this second case. I am maintaining that Mr. Hun Sen, whom I am suing, defamed me and there are sufficient proofs to that effect.”

Mrs. Mu Sochua is currently suing Hun Sen, asking for 500 riels ($0.13) in compensation because the latter defamed her during a speech where he did not name her directly. In that speech, Hun Sen said that there was a MP who, during the election, lost a button on her blouse by herself, but she accused others of attacking her instead.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment